| The witch, the crying lion and Darth Vader |
We headed to the upper east side where I had been told there was a special street to do the "treat or trick". We passed by all kind of characters, monsters, superheroes, dinosaurs and what not. And it was actually fun. Everybody was enjoying the Halloween spirit, and nobody cared if they looked ridiculous under their masks or like me wearing this huge black cape, pointy shoes, triangular hat while holding my broom on one hand and pushing the stroller with the other hand.
We arrived at 78th with Lexington and what I saw was beyond my imagination. All the townhouses on the street had a special Halloween decoration, some of them were very impressive and sophisticated (my pictures are terrible - I used my blackberry, the light was bad and I was trying to keep the kids close to me). The owners (like the old pirate below) were happily and patiently distributing candies on their doorsteps, to hundreds of "trick-or-treaters". Apart from the fact that there is too much people, so going with two small kids can be a little bit stressful (I almost lost F), I loved the experience.
P.S: Would I do it again? If it depended on me, probably not. But having two young kids, I believe that I'll have a lot more Halloweens ahead of me. However, out of curiosity, I think it is worth doing it at least once.
No comments:
Post a Comment