Lately, F has not been excelling in terms of obedience. So following the advice of a friend of mine, I decided to reward him for his wrongdoings with a "Responsibility chart". It consists of setting some simple goals for the child and try to make him responsible about achieving them. I don't really like giving "rewards", but if this is what it's going to take for F to start acting the way that I want him to, to be more responsible, then so be it. As adults, we usually work for money, so let him "earn" something if he cleans up his toys after playing with them.
We chose together some obligations for him (for instance: no whining, say "sorry", clean up toys, etc) and everyday he accomplishes them, he gets a magnet. If he manages to complete the whole board during the week, he'll receive a present (a DVD, for instance, that he's been asking for some time). If he completes a full line or more than one I'll treat him with something nice during the weekend (we still have to figure this one out, but probably an ice-cream or something like that).
We chose together some obligations for him (for instance: no whining, say "sorry", clean up toys, etc) and everyday he accomplishes them, he gets a magnet. If he manages to complete the whole board during the week, he'll receive a present (a DVD, for instance, that he's been asking for some time). If he completes a full line or more than one I'll treat him with something nice during the weekend (we still have to figure this one out, but probably an ice-cream or something like that).
So far, I can already tell you that he won't complete de board this week. However, he's in good shape to have one or more full lines and he's starting to get a grasp of the game.

No comments:
Post a Comment