Friday, December 2, 2011

Inspiration is down - TGIF

Not feeling very inspired today. So here are some other great ideas for Advent Calendar. I'm amazed (and I must confess soooo jealous) on how many creative people exist in this world.
From Martha Stewart
From The Pretty Blog
From Nuvonova
From Land of Nod
From It is what it is
I'll stop here, because I'm getting completely obsessed with Advent Calendars. Besides, instead of bursting my creativity and inspiration all these websites and blogs with their great ideas and so talented authors made me realized how ambitious I was when I decided to start this blog.
(Big, huge, Sigh)
***
Anyway, we are going to the Circus this weekend. I haven't been to a real one since I was a little girl(I don't consider "Cirque du Soleil" or those chinese acrobats as real ones - they are fantastic but not the traditional kind of circus I'm referring to) . That - I think, I hope - will be fun.

Hope you'll all have an inspiring weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Dani,
    What's the real story behind the advent calendars? Do you know what they mean and where they started???
    just curious....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paula,
    Advent calendars started in Germany during the 19th century, but they became really popular after World War 2. At the begining people would make some marks with pieces of chalk or would light candles around a structure. The first print version appeared around 1902.
    And the advent period,for the Catholic church, represents the 4 weeks prior to Christmas. This year the official start day was Nov. 27th.
    bjs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "made me realize how ambitious I was when I decided to start this blog." isso é ótimo. e qualquer hora vc encontra seu caminho, estilo, expressão ou whatever it is. O importante é fazer e não ter medo de se expor. Não importa o que os outros fazem, quer dizer, importa pra inspirar e trocar... sei lá o que quero dizer. Beijos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ma, eu vou te nomear a minha "coach" oficial :) Bjs!

    ReplyDelete